Pribi.dll?

Discussion about trojans, worms, etc.

Moderator: 127.0.0.1

Pribi.dll?

Postby dragonmike » Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:06 pm

" The Trj/SubSearch.H Virus was found in file C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Pribi\Pribi.dll "

That is qouted fro www.pcpitstop.com during the virus test full depth scan i took.... Does anyone know how i can remove this file? Ive tried going into my computer selecting C:\Documents and Settings\All Users... but when i get here i see no application data folder.... Also is there a standalone tool that can remove this? i dont want to have to buy any software for one virus....
dragonmike
Level 3 Tech

Postby 127.0.0.1 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:15 pm

Try using a free anti virus such as AVG, its completely free and the updates are also free (forever). I have used this anti-virus forever and it has always done a great job for me they keep the free updates current as well and are constantly releasing new updates to download, just give it a try:

http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/

P.S. Its not surprising you couldn't find the infected files browsing to :\Documents and Settings\All Users... almost always these days virus writers make their viruses practically invisible to the browsing technique. Even if you could find it, you probably couldn't erase it if you tried you would most likely get a access is denied error, even if in safe mode (at least this is what always happens to me) anyways good luck with your virus!

LAST NOTE: If you want to try and find the infected file via browsing try enabling the feature in windows 'show hidden files' (IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY) AND GIVE THIS A TRY, then if you find it try erasing it and if you can't erase it (try safe mode), if you still aren't having any luck, try renaming it different and change the file extension this will make it unusable. And of course if none of this works an updated anti-virus should do the trick such as AVG.
Or on the more extreme side try starting windows in the 'command prompt only' mode and try erasing the virus's directory from the command prompt. This should bypass any file protections on the file(s) and you should be able to erase the infected file(s) this way.
Mod
Mod

Postby dragonmike » Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:10 pm

yea i couldnt find it and AVG didnt help.... So i just reformatted...
dragonmike
Level 3 Tech

Postby 127.0.0.1 » Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:11 pm

dragonmike wrote:yea i couldnt find it and AVG didnt help.... So i just reformatted...

So you used the nuke...
Mod
Mod

Postby CyberAcharya » Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:26 am

127.0.0.1 wrote:Try using a free anti virus such as AVG, its completely free and the updates are also free (forever). I have used this anti-virus forever and it has always done a great job for me they keep the free updates current as well and are constantly releasing new updates to download, just give it a try:

Don't go for free antivirus softwares try Norton Antivirus.
CyberAcharya
Level 3 Tech

Return to Virii/Spyware/Trojans/Worms