SPYWARE UGHHHH!

Discussion about trojans, worms, etc.

Moderator: 127.0.0.1

SPYWARE UGHHHH!

Postby Jesse8990 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:21 pm

i have this folder in my c:/program files called "TV Media"

i know its spyware/malware but i can't delete it.....it says its being used, i ctrl + alt + del and look for its .exe in the processes but i don't see it, and i went into the startup manager and it says TV MEDIA twice. how can i delete it?!

i also had a bunch of little files called "DyFuCa" that was kinda frightening...
Jesse8990

Postby dragonmike » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:42 pm

SYSTEM MECHANIC 4 TO THE RESCUE! I used this it works good... Defrags drives, Cleans up and Fixes System Registry, deletes "junk" files, allows you to control what is on the startup list of your computer, Defrags your RAM, and ALOT more!

http://www.iolo.com/sm/download.cfm

There is the site... All you need to do is download the trial version of System Mechanic 4 (you dont need Pro or mobile) It works wonders on your PC.

NOTE::: IMPORTANT::: If you clean the registry and compress it, when you restart your computer or just start it up, it will reboot itself 2-3 times THIS IS NORMAL!!! Hope this helps ya.
dragonmike
Level 3 Tech

Postby kostyanj » Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:44 pm

Try spyware removers such as ad-aware and spybot search & destroy. Both are free downloads, just search google.

Next time, please post in the correct forum.
kostyanj
Admin
Admin

Postby Jesse8990 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:51 pm

ad-aware doesn't pick it up, and norton says its not a virus
Jesse8990

Postby Jesse8990 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:58 pm

ad-aware doesn't pick it up, and norton says its not a virus
Jesse8990

Return to Virii/Spyware/Trojans/Worms