Free anti virus software

Discussion about trojans, worms, etc.

Moderator: 127.0.0.1

Free anti virus software

Postby amon » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:44 am

Free anti virus software
Has anyone heard of/tried http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php?

I need an anti virus but I'm too poor! I've been trying my luck for 2 months without one but it's too dodgy.

http://www.searchengineforums.com/apps/ ... m::google/

Anyone use Google Analytics ???
Is it a good or bad thing ?
Not sure if i like the thought of google knowing how many visitors i get and how long they stay on my site for etc ...
Any got any experiences with it ???
amon
n00b
n00b

Yes,get it,it's free

Postby oldtimer » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:00 pm

Get both AVG Vscan and AVG Anti Spyware.
It's praised all over the computer forums.
:D
Then ad Ad-Aware SE free.
This will give you great protection if used and updated regularly.
:lol:
oldtimer
Level 3 Tech

Postby Surikas » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:19 am

AVG is the best free online antivirus program. Highly recommended!

As for google analytics, it's just great. I use it since they started and am fully satisfied. google guys are doing a great job.
Surikas
n00b
n00b

Postby Softix » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:05 pm

I have been using AVG anti virus software and it was really great to used. Although there are some problems with updating but it can really scan and removed trojan anti viruses which is really good for me. It doesn't lagged up my pc as well.
Softix
n00b
n00b

Re: Free anti virus software

Postby shifty » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:00 pm

AVG is pretty decent, but I would advise also using the Spyware Doctor Free version that comes with the Google Pack.
Spyware Doctor will help to find Trojans, spyware, and other types of malware in addition to the protection AVG gives you.
Ad-aware personal isn't bad, it's much better to find spyware cookies and simple adware. However, from working for an
organization that uses multiple spyware programs and virus programs to protect/repair computers, I can say that realistically,
you're not going to be ok just using one program. I see some of the best virus/spyware protection programs get used
exactly as they were designed, updated and scanned daily, and still not fully protect systems from malware. Everybody knows
however that you cannot use multiple anti-virus programs on the same computer. So what is one to do?

This is where I suggest an alternative that is a bit more difficult to implement, but will leave your computer running fast
and always keep your computer clean.

First off, the best thing you can do is stay away from programs such as Limewire, Bearshare, Kazaa, etc.
Secondly, you're going to want to stay away from "free" internet adult sites.
Thirdly, go out and spend the money once on a good drive imaging program (or find an open-source alternative for free).
Fourthly, set aside a space on your harddrive for making a backup drive image (or put it on another harddrive internally/
externally).
Lastly, install a fresh load of Windows, with all of your necessary programs, along with patches and Windows updates/device
drivers and use your imaging software to create a backup image of your operating system. Once this is done, you can simply
re-image your computer at will (it's best to do this roughly once a month to keep everything clean). Virus? No problem.. re-image!
Slow load times? Slow start-up? Re-image! It takes a bit of work to start off with, but everything gets easier after that.

If this isn't your thing or you don't like the idea and you'd rather go with AVG, you may want to also look into installing Comodo
Firewall Pro. This is one of the best programs i've seen by far because if you know what you're doing, it can provide the best
protection for your computer (registry protection, windows file protection, user process protection, etc).

Enough rambling, i'm sure most of you are sick of reading at this point, but I'm just giving you my input. Any questions about what
i've said here or how to obtain these different tools, feel free to send me a PM or e-mail me.
shifty
n00b
n00b

Postby Christina » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:15 am

Hi amon, what i would suggest you is to try AVAST or AVG as these are the most antivirus software used by most users and they are both free to download. Check out these links: http://filehippo.com/download_avast_antivirus/ for AVAST
: http://free.avg.com/ww.download-avg-ant ... ee-edition for AVG

Btw with regards AVG, you better download the 7.5 edition since the latest one is having some problems.

Cheers :)
Christina
n00b
n00b

Postby kinneretob » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:11 pm

it's free but doesnt mean it's good..
be careful
kinneretob
n00b
n00b