Norton won't install correctly!

Discussion about trojans, worms, etc.

Moderator: 127.0.0.1

Norton won't install correctly!

Postby ingeborgdot » Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:06 am

I know of two people now that have bought new Norton discs on ebay and when they install them the date says it is old. They were sealed and never used. The old norton was uninstalled like it was supposed to be but it still did not work. This worries me because I need it next month and don't want to have to pay the 30 bucks for a renewal. I have been buying it on ebay for 4 years now and nothing like this has ever happened. Help! They had 2004 and installed a new 2004 disc.
ingeborgdot
End-Loser
End-Loser

Re: Norton won't install correctly!

Postby 127.0.0.1 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:07 am

ingeborgdot wrote:I know of two people now that have bought new Norton discs on ebay and when they install them the date says it is old. They were sealed and never used. The old norton was uninstalled like it was supposed to be but it still did not work. This worries me because I need it next month and don't want to have to pay the 30 bucks for a renewal. I have been buying it on ebay for 4 years now and nothing like this has ever happened. Help! They had 2004 and installed a new 2004 disc.

im a little confused on what your asking, but you mean it says the virus data base is out of date? Personally I wouldn't use norton, I mean they charge you to update? Use AVG its free.
Mod
Mod

Return to Virii/Spyware/Trojans/Worms