How to Compile the Linux Kernel

Support for *nix systems, apache, mysql, etc

Moderator: 127.0.0.1

How to Compile the Linux Kernel

Postby kostyanj » Sat Apr 05, 2003 3:53 pm

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/tutorials/202/1/

RedHat is not Linux, it is a distribution based on the Linux kernel. The Linux kernel is a complex program which provides the underlying services to the rest of a Linux distribution. But it is easy to add new features or improvments to it as, unlike commercial operating systems like Windows 95 or MacOS, the source code is freely available. It is common practice with a Linux based operating system to recompile the kernel from source and much effort has been put in to make this a realitively user-friendly experience.
kostyanj
Admin
Admin

Postby Emo185 » Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:14 pm

damn i just install RED HAT Linux onto an OLD PC (Was Win 98 but upgrade to Win XP (Due to Too many errors) but then got a FREE Version of Red-Hat Linux from a free PC.

anyway......

i want to use the internet, however my modem aint supported....

i now i've gott download the files (which i've found and download) but the INSTALLATION FILE aint clear and is quite confusing.

since i've gotta complie stuff and move stuff to other directorys.......but i have no idea how.....

it would be great if someone could download the files off the net and extract, compile etc then send them in an e-mail to me (or something like that).

My Modem is the "Thomson Speedtouch 330" modem......

serach speedtouch 330 on google for the fiels etc.........but any help on it would be grateful since i'm new to linux.
Emo185
End-Loser
End-Loser

RE: How to Compile the Linux Kernel!!!!

Postby hittel » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:38 pm

Thank’s for sharing this nice link.
hittel
n00b
n00b

Return to Unix/Linux