Disk Managment/ Partition

Support for all versions of windows (95, 98, 2000, XP, 2003)

Moderator: 127.0.0.1

Disk Managment/ Partition

Postby Albionchez » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:11 pm

Hi All,

Hope someone can help me!!

I have a PC that I have just had to format. Before formatting I had 2 separate hard drives of 75 gig each (c&D)

Since formatting though I still have a full size D drive but my C drive, the one that holds windows and all system files is now only showing as 6 gig.

When I go into the disk management tool I can see that the other 69 gig of this drive is listed as "Unallocated". Now I know if I were to right click I could turn that into "free Space" but is there anyway I can attach the 69 gig part to the 6 gig bit to get back to the original 75 gig without formatting again?

Any help is appreciated
Albionchez
n00b
n00b

Re: Disk Managment/ Partition

Postby kostyanj » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:24 pm

Only with 3rd party tools like partition magic. But I'm pretty sure that it wont' allow you to modify your C drive like that. Your only option might be to reformat.
kostyanj
Admin
Admin

Postby Albionchez » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:51 pm

OK, not good news but thanks anyway.

Do you think only having 6 gig will cause a problem? Are there some installs that HAVE to go on the same drive as windows or can I make it so they all download to the other drive?
Albionchez
n00b
n00b

Postby kostyanj » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:12 pm

Actually, 6gig is more than enough. On all of my setups, I purposely limit the amount of space on my windows drive. The reason is that if windows dies and I have to reinstall, I don't lose my data. There are no programs that i've ever come across that NEED to be on the same drive as windows, so don't worry about it.
kostyanj
Admin
Admin

Return to Windows