Ideal Encoding for Windows Live Mail

Support for all versions of windows (95, 98, 2000, XP, 2003)

Moderator: 127.0.0.1

Ideal Encoding for Windows Live Mail

Postby chorotega » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:43 am

I am ussing an HP Pavilion Elite PC that came loaded with Windows Vista and therefore I had to learn to use their mail software Windows Live Mail.
I usually write in English, Spanish and French and receive mail in Turkish.
All four languages are installed, and English is the default language.
The problem is that what I type on my keyboard and what I see on my screen is not what it is received by my correspondents. They receive
the text garbled with symbols and strange characters. For instance, in Spanish all accented vowels are replaced by strange characters, etc.
I have tried to select as default several encodings, and at present I am using UNICODE UTF-8 . This is the one working better than the others but yet it is not 100% OK as in order to see correctly the replies I receive I need to change to Western European Windows. Have tried ISO encoding also and I get the same results. With my old computer where I had Windows XP SP2, the default encoding was Western European Windows as default for all languages used, and I used HTML format and never, ever
had a problem.... Please help me to understand why this is happening and how to solve this annoying situation. Please do not tell me, like in other forums to go back to Windows XP. I want to solve THIS PROBLEM.
chorotega
n00b
n00b

Encoding for Windows Live Mail

Postby chorotega » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:22 am

This is an SOS to those who have read my request for help on the
above mentioned subject. The post appeared on 08. March on this forum and so far nobody has said at least, sorry, I do not know the answer to this problem, or even better, sorry this problem can not be solved.
It has to be solved by Microsoft Windows.

Microsoft launched with VISTA Windows Mail to replace Outook Express, but a team worked on improving Windows Mail and they launched a BETA PROJECT for Windows Live Mail, and recently it has been released, and that is the way I got it. It is correct to say that this new version is better than Windows Mail, but still it has this flaw.

As I said above, I have placed this request for help to Windows Live Mail
support, and did not receive any answer. Have triied other forums and as far as they have gone is to recommend me to go back to Windows XP SP2 and to Outlook Express.

It seems to me that I will have to abandone my search for a solution to this problem. Maybe it does not exist.
chorotega
n00b
n00b

Return to Windows