ps/2 port problems

Any questions about any type of hardware go here.

Moderator: 127.0.0.1

ps/2 port problems

Postby nhunter2003 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:30 pm

My computer is an older dell optiplex gx260 running windows xp. I recently unplugged my wireless mouse and keyboard to use it on another computer to fix it and when I went to plug it back in either one will connect. They are the Logitech model Y-RK49 combo. I have tried redownloading the drivers, reinstalling the software, downloading the software straight from logitech, and i've went as far as trying a corded mouse and keyboard and still nothing. I however have been using a usb mouse that i got to work and having to use the on screen keyboard is a pain in the :twisted: . Has my ps/2 port took a crap or is there anything i might not be doing? I currently dont have a usb keyboard but not being able to get into the bios to enable the use of one kinda puts that on the back burner. Any suggestions would be greatful :D
nhunter2003
n00b
n00b

Re: ps/2 port problems

Postby kostyanj » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:29 pm

Have you tried restarting the computer? It might sound stupid, but older computers recognize the PS2 ports on bootup.
kostyanj
Admin
Admin

Re: ps/2 port problems

Postby rareice » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:38 pm

Hi!
Try to restart your computer.
You need to restart you PC when you remove and replug your PS/2 mouse and keyboards.
This way the system will detect your PS/2 on reboot.
n00b
n00b

Return to Hardware