Custom Computer Build Compatability Questions

Any questions about any type of hardware go here.

Moderator: 127.0.0.1

Custom Computer Build Compatability Questions

Postby Protostar1 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:51 am

Hi all,

I am a new member of this forum so please be kind. If this is a stupid question or can be found elsewhere, please let me know and I apologize in advance.

Anyway, I am looking to build a new mid-high performance computer in the next two months. I have never done it before, but I am reasonably competent with computers and hardware. My aim with this computer is smooth game performance on the current generation of games, entertainment including streaming and running HD video, high capacity, high quality audio, and of course word processing, web surfing, blah blah. That is a pretty generalized intention with the computer but I will clarify if the need arises.

My OVERALL budget is $2000. I am looking to make sure all of this is compatible with one another and that it will fit and run properly. If you have suggestions for better parts or sources for these parts, by all means let me know. Here is my current list of components (prices are all based on NewEgg):

Case- NZXT Tempest Crafted Series- $82 (after rebate)
HardDisk- WD Caviar Black (1TB)/ PQI 32GB SSD (for OS and pertinent programs)- $100/ $85
GPU- EVGA 896MB GTX275 Superclocked- $235 (after rebate)
CPU- Core i7 920- $280
Motherboard- ASUS P6T LGA- $250
Memory- OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 1600- $80 (after rebate)
Sound Card- HT OMEGA Striker 7.1- $90
Power- CORSAIR 750W- $100 (after rebate)
Monitor- ASUS MK241H 24" LCD- $260 (after rebate)
Speakers- Logitech Z-5500- $292
Keyboard- Logitech G11- $59
Mouse- Logitech G9- $69

Total W/o shipping and applied mail in rebates: $1980

This is my COMPLETE list. As I have never done this before, will I need additional SATA cables, thermal paste, etc or will that be included with the parts I have? Thanks guys and I am looking forward to getting to know this forum!
Protostar1
n00b
n00b

Return to Hardware