Hard Drive Problems

Any questions about any type of hardware go here.

Moderator: 127.0.0.1

Hard Drive Problems

Postby matthewforu » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:33 am

I am trying to figure out if I have a hard drive problem or a RAM problem with a BSOD. Well I've spent the last two days re-formatting my computer at least four times now to start fresh. Here's a break down..

Basically the first time everything was working fine and I got all of my files over from my external no problem. I ran into a snag with my sound drivers not working and I couldn't download replacements or even get cd with the original drivers to install the proper drivers again so I just did a new format.

Second format hung up on creating the partition at 35% and wouldn't move at all so I turned off my computer and then tried again.

Third format was completed no problem with a quick format instead of the usual slow NTFS. I started to move my files over and install programs again and then get a BSOD with physical memory dump. Tried to move files over after the restart and the computer was extremely slow and had another BSOD.

After seeing the second BSOD I went for another format and everything was working fine until I started to move my files back over. I received another BSOD and then restarted to a slow computer.. which is what I'm dealing with now. My specs should be in my signature but really I'm trying to get another BSOD without the automatic restart turned on but for now I just want to see if anyone has an idea. Everything loads extremely slow for a brand new install and I did swap out my RAM with some same sticks that I never used. If my hard drive is getting ready to die then bleh. Well appreciate the help folks.
matthewforu
n00b
n00b

Same Problem

Postby prakashsh1 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:34 am

I have the same problem above mentioned.
Waiting for response............
prakashsh1
n00b
n00b

Re: Hard Drive Problems

Postby matthewforu » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:30 pm

Problem solved. I called "iYogi Computer Services Pvt Ltd." they solved my probelm online.

Thanks
matthewforu
n00b
n00b

Return to Hardware