The future of Google

Here's a place for all your thoughts and comments about this place

The future of Google

Postby Mikky » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:19 am

How do we all see the future of Google? We've got a company that makes 99% of its revenue from one source of income - ads.

With MSN and Yahoo moving in, as well as many other contextual advertising companies, do you think this will deal a blow to Google?

Let's face it, they aren't exactly Microsoft when it comes to software development. What else will could they do once competition sets in for contextual advertising? Can they sustain this level of succcess?

(not to mention that their SERPS have been broken for a while too)
Mikky
n00b
n00b

Postby Stlb1090 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:25 am

I'm a big fan of google. What I'm interested in is I heard that google and apple are teaming up on the itv!!!!
Stlb1090
Desktop Support

I like google

Postby oldtimer » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:44 pm

And i liked movieflix and others when they where free.
Get the point ? Is google next ?
:)
oldtimer
Level 3 Tech

Dark Age

Postby Daeva » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:14 pm

I love almost every google product that has hit the market. Only problem is, they're taking over. If you use gmail, or even if you don't, you may have noticed their "office-like" online applications for word processing and spreadsheets. Has anyone seen at&t lately? Can you say big trouble. I don't know if you've read any articles on net-neutrality but if google starts providing access to the internet, along with search, and e-mail and office products, and gps, and instant messaging, video, rss feeds, images... (whew) maybe web-hosting, virus protection, spyware removal? And best of all, if they do provide access to the internet, you might expect to see some filters of yahoo, altavista, dogpile, lycos, aol, just to name a few. Not to mention that they might start charging for all of their lovely services like Is that a bad thing though?
Let's face it, they aren't exactly Microsoft when it comes to software development. What else will could they do once competition sets in for contextual advertising? Can they sustain this level of succcess?

[url]http://news.com.com/Google+snaps+up+top+Firefox+programmer/2100-1032_3-5548682.html
[/url]
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/05/19/technology/19google.html?ex=1400385600&en=a3f8b839e1a867f8&ei=5007&partner=USERLAND
There are also rumors that a lead programmer from microsoft defected to google, which is why we see the host of new programs and solutions from google in such a short time. I'm pretty confident that microsoft should be worried. After all, weren't google and microsoft both just a bunch of college kids when they started?
Daeva
n00b
n00b

Return to Comments/Suggestions