Getting Started?

General News/Info about the site

Getting Started?

Postby Jozen-Bo » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:59 pm

This site looks like its almost too full of heavy stuff to learn! Computers aren't easy and light...specially programming! I imagine it will take me a long time to get all the stuff this place has to offer.

Am I right that there is only 1 moderator here? That sounds interesting... hey Moderator, I like your name! It makes my imagine I am being Moderated by a computer itself and not a person. Which are you?

Anyways, where is the best place to start...if I want to learn about computers and know as much as you do, assuming that you (the Moderator) knows a massive deal more then me! Any advice?

Thanks,
Jozen
Jozen-Bo
n00b
n00b

Postby 127.0.0.1 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:53 pm

I suppose you can imagine me as a computer if you like... thats fine with me, or am I a computer? ;)

A good place to start to learn about computers depends on your interests. Are you interested in security, programming, desktop support, networking, server administration, etc.
Mod
Mod

Postby Jozen-Bo » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:48 pm

127.0.0.1 wrote:I suppose you can imagine me as a computer if you like... thats fine with me, or am I a computer? ;)

A good place to start to learn about computers depends on your interests. Are you interested in security, programming, desktop support, networking, server administration, etc.

I am so glad to hear from you! I do imagine you as a computer program...its probably the name. It make talking with you fun!

At the moment I would say my interests are:
#1...programming (I want to prepare new software for my Mind Portal, a code making program)
#2...security (always important!)
#3...networking (I need to find the right people to get my business off the ground)
#4...server administration (this one comes last, because I don't plan on administrating until later this year or next)

So at the moment I suppose programming and maybe networking take the lead! Any suggestions?

Thanks 127.0.0.1!!!:wink:

All the Best,
Jozen-Bo
:)
Jozen-Bo
n00b
n00b

Re: Getting Started?

Postby Penguin » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:30 pm

I'm new too. It looks like there's lots to learn here. I'm glad I found this place. I'm fairly interested in security and networking, yet programming too. Everything seems to be tied together in computers. :D Where's the best place and what's the best way to start?

I've seen an old Java for dummies book, I'm fairly good in (X)HTML and CSS, and I know plenty about using computers. What I want to know is how to expand, tweak, explore, create, that sort of thing.
Penguin
n00b
n00b

Return to News/Info