Newbie and Confused!!

Support for network scanners, packet sniffers, etc. New versions, tips, config files, and options.

Moderator: 127.0.0.1

Newbie and Confused!!

Postby AlfieBurton » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:32 am

Hey guys!! I dont know where this virus came from in my pc and now it has broken up my pc like anything..It always hangs up, some or the other pop up windows are coming up..I have no choice left but to get it formatted. Now when I'll install it afresh I need a good antivirus software that keeps those viruses away.. Which antivirus you all think i should go for? I have thought of buying this Norton Antivirus 2008 (3 user pack). I am getting it for £30 @ http://www.checkcost.co.uk/anti-virus-f ... ty/c/4436/. Is it worth buying?? Any suggestions would really be appreciated..Thanks in advance..
Edit/Delete Message
AlfieBurton
n00b
n00b

Re: Newbie and Confused!!

Postby kostyanj » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:44 pm

AVG Free edition is hands down the best thing available right now. And best of all.... it's free
kostyanj
Admin
Admin

Postby jalsahappy » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:51 am

Try kaspersky

Its best u can get for low price ..or try for crack

-Sri-
jalsahappy
n00b
n00b

Postby Shannon » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:33 am

Hey Alfie..I think getting formatted is the best solution to get rid of all the viruses.. but you cant do that everytime..Hope you have taken a backup of everything..But its possible that you may take a back up of the virus as well...Better not to keep any infected stuff within the computer if at all you can afford to loose it all..For an antivirus software I think the place you are planning to buy from is fine..you can go for Avg or McAfee..You can get some freeware stuff for that...But if at all you wanna buy it then you can check cheap stuff http://ecostsoftware.com/.
Hope this would be helpful..If you need any further help, do let me know..
Shannon
n00b
n00b

Return to Security Software