Wifi Briefly Drops

Discussion of networking components such as routers, hubs, switches, gateways, etc.

Moderator: 127.0.0.1

Wifi Briefly Drops

Postby aandy501 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:58 pm

I purchased a new laptop the other day, and its been working great. The one problem I have is due to my WIFI connection. I have a desktop wired through my router to a DSL connection; it works great.

On the wifi, which I enabled for the first time yesterday, I seem to lose my connection every couple of minutes very briefly. If I, for instance, try and transfer a file between machines, it will fail after a minute or so with "Cannot copy x, the specified network name is no longer available" I also have trouble streaming audio or video from the other machine.

I have not had a chance to try this on another network, but I would like to get your opinions on what could be causing this issue.

Thanks,
aandy501
n00b
n00b

site Drops

Postby campus2 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:11 am

computer upstairs to have wireless internet from the router via PCI wireless networking card.
Thanks
campus2
n00b
n00b

Re: Wifi Briefly Drops

Postby nice2know » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:43 am

check the wi-fi strength, if its weak, that happens.
nice2know
n00b
n00b

Re: Wifi Briefly Drops

Postby willjackson » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:56 am

if you are actually experiencing same problem on your other wireless computer this might be a problem on your router but if you just experiencing the problem on this specific computer then we could say that this is a problem might be on the adapter on that computer. if that is the case advise to upgrade the driver of that computer.
willjackson

Return to Networking