MCSE

Discussion of networking components such as routers, hubs, switches, gateways, etc.

Moderator: 127.0.0.1

Postby ajs » Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:07 pm

Ehh, it's just Bill Gates trying to find ways to get more money. But, does he really need it?.. :roll:
ajs
Mod
Mod

Postby 127.0.0.1 » Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:50 am

kostyanj wrote:It goes beyond idiots finding it fun. Especially lately, MS is just steamrolling everyone, releasing new OS's every 6 months, SP's every 2 months. And if you don't upgrade, ur screwed. For instance, at the end of this year, NT won't be supported anymore by MS, but yet 35% of businesses still use it. That number is steadily dropping but it's still pretty high. How can a company say that they don't support a product that they wrote?

There MS they can do and say anything they please, because they know if they tell people to upgrade they will.
Mod
Mod

Postby CyberAcharya » Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:50 am

Its better to opt for RHCE(RedHat Certified Engineer) than MCSE. You will find lots of persons completing MCSE and getting no jobs.
CyberAcharya
Level 3 Tech

Postby ajroxit » Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:02 am

its a slump in the IT field, not neccessarily MCSE. look at the amount of college grads that cant find work. i havent seen a single job for the linux certs in las vegas. i checked the review journal sun, not to say its like that everywhere. the peeps getting hired are the ones with a rounded education. a little of everything. jobs like systems analyst, server tech and such. i mean, 90% of the worlds computers run windowz{from home to business, not just business}. micro$oft owns the end user network side. where i work we run 4 DCs running windows 2000 server and 48 work statons running windows 2000 pro and XP.
we have a single linux slackware box running apache. but then again we cater to computer education and teach what is being used. most of our students are working and thier place of employment foots the bill. if they are asking for windowz certs, its what we will give them.
basically, get educated in what you love and where you fit in, and the money will come. dont pick one thing over another just because one makes more money than the other. if you love and enjoy something, you'll shine and it will show. that equals progression and in turn, more money!
good luck
AJ
ajroxit
n00b
n00b

Re: MCSE

Postby vsoft1 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:28 pm

i will be MCSE soon :)
vsoft1
n00b
n00b

Previous