Free Pizza?

Social engineering awareness, how to protect yourself, etc

Moderator: 127.0.0.1

Free Pizza?

Postby 127.0.0.1 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:50 pm

Hey I heard a way to get free pizza from someone, and I was wondering if you guys thought it would be to much work, or even if you guys think it would work.

Ok you go find a pizza place you pick, wait outside for someone to enter the pizza place to place an order. Follow this person in once they arrive, but try and not to bring to much attention to yourself, as you don't want to be noticed. Listen to the persons order, memorize it, and above all remember the name they leave for the order. Once you have all the info which includes the name and the exact order leave the pizza place. Drive to your home then since you remember the name and order of the person, call the pizza place and ask to speak with a manager. Then when you first speak with the manager say something like; I ordered a pizza earlier with the topping *insert toppings* and with the name of *insert name* then start to complain about the quality of the pizza. Like for instance if the pizza had bacon on it, say the bacon was really hard so hard you couldn't even eat it. Ask the manager is this the quality I can expect from your pizza all the time? Naturally the manager will want to make you more happy with their product, so you won't bash their pizza to all your friends, etc., so keep complaining and enventualy ask the manager what he can do about your problem. Ask if he can give you a discount on a future pizza or give you another pizza for no cost, as a replacement pizza, since your first one was so terrible. According to the theory, the manager will agree to give you either a free pizza or a pizza at a discount price.

What do you guys think???
Has anyone tried anything similiar to this before?
Mod
Mod

Postby TOP1yuiop » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:18 am

ooh ooh ive heard of it but ive never tried it.
also there is the old "hungry hobo" trick,
first you wait for someone to order in a fast food place,
find out what their number is and when it is called, go and get the tray, 60 percent of the time thay wont check your reciept :)
ive never tried it but i think that you could get away with it....
TOP1yuiop
Network Administrator
Network Administrator

Pizza

Postby Eric Bland » Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:35 pm

lol, that was funny. It would work, but why go through so much trouble for a pizza. Try getting a job there, and you can eat all the pizza you want, and get paid.
Last edited by Eric Bland on Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Eric Bland
n00b
n00b

Re: Pizza

Postby 127.0.0.1 » Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:12 pm

Eric Bland wrote:lol, that was funny. It would work, but why go through so much trouble for a pizza. Try getting a job there, and you can eat all the pizza you want, and get paid.

yea, I know its alot of work... but its still a good way to get free pizza! :D
Mod
Mod

Postby symphonyx87 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:59 pm

hehe Or you could just do like I do, Work at a pizza place. :-D I get free pizza left and right. With WHATEVER I want on it, as... I MAKE IT! WOO! hehe
-brenden
symphonyx87
n00b
n00b

Postby lbreevesii » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:21 pm

if you ask me the point is the fun of social engineering. i have a way to get free pizza. i don't know if the mods/admins would like it if i posted it though. its a pic of 4 fake cupons for domios that look real. its for a free pizza and 2 liter coke.

speaking of social engineering...buddy of mine pulled off a very nice little bit the other week. i play paintball, as does he and he wants to get paint for cheap. he calls up one of the large paintball suppliers and uses some common tactics to get in good with the people there then he gets on the line with a guy and says "i talked to you the other week about getting X type of paint for this price, how many cases did i have to buy to get that price again?". of course this is ment to toy with the human tendancy to not want to feel like a fool. he had never talked to this guy in his life before of course. so he does a bit more talking and he now gets paint that sells for like 35-40 bux retail(i have to pay 44 for it...), for ohh about 25-30 bux a case.

ahh the joys of social engineering
lbreevesii
Level 3 Tech

Postby TOP1yuiop » Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:25 am

man, i should try something like that.....
TOP1yuiop
Network Administrator
Network Administrator

Postby lbreevesii » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:27 am

ahh yet another bit of quasi social engineering that i pulled a while back. at school it is against the rules to use the internet during class, it is also against the rules to use dos(wonder why...) I talked my computer apps teacher into letting me use my terminal emulation program to connect to the community college unix server for my class so that i could practice/mess around with it. i used two major things to my advantage in this exercise:
1. the respect that i had gained from the teacher due to my knowledge of computers and general trustworthiness
2. i made sure to use the words "this is not dos" several times to reiterate the fact that it was not against the rules bc it was not dos. this also meant that i pulled her mental attention away from the fact that i was using the internet to do what i was doing.

:lol:
lbreevesii
Level 3 Tech

Postby vic » Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:57 am

I would rather just buy the pizza, but I would definitely do that if I didn't have loot.
vic
n00b
n00b

Postby giga-byte » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:37 pm

what me and my friends do is, go into starbucks, order 2 cups of coffee. Then when they are done my friends go in and take them, then i go in and say "where is my coffee" they usualy be like, oh crap those guys took it, and we act like we are all mad and stuff and like we gonna beat someone up but they calm us down and say the ywill make new ones and they give them to us. Works 100% of the time, also works with in n out.
giga-byte
Jr Admin

Postby fred333 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:33 am

I will have to try that Starbucks trick.
fred333
n00b
n00b

Postby walkingheart » Sat May 31, 2008 4:35 am

people do that then bitch when prices go up :lol:
walkingheart
n00b
n00b

Free Pizza wow wht a offer

Postby sanjumish1 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:48 pm

hey even i want a free pizza where will i get iit, plz order it for me too
sanjumish1
n00b
n00b

me too want free pizza

Postby cool005 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:52 am

hey even me too want a free pizza where will i get it??please reply....
cool005
n00b
n00b

Funny

Postby prakashsh1 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:37 am

:D That's really funny trick.
Have you tried this out?
prakashsh1
n00b
n00b

Next

Return to Social Engineering