Video problems

Misc computer stuff

Moderator: 127.0.0.1

Video problems

Postby nhunter2003 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:20 am

I'm working on a computer for my friend to see if i can get it running for him but I have immediately come across a problem that I cannot get a screen to come up on the monitor. It will not even turn the monitor on when computer is started up. I tried the onboard video then took my own card out of my computer just to see if the onboard video was fried and still nothing. The computer is an EMachines model w2047 with amd athlon xp 2000+ processor running windows xp home. If there are any suggestions id be willing to try cause im stumped in this situation :|
nhunter2003
n00b
n00b

Re: Video problems

Postby rareice » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:24 pm

Hi!
Try to clean or replace your memory card. Faulty memory cards may lead to no display in your monitor. If this won't work try to replace your monitor, maybe that's the problem.
n00b
n00b

Postby ajish2012 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:49 am

It sounds like as if you have come to a dead end! Dude, video problems occur to many people. I too have faced this situation several times before. At times I have even thought my computers tenure is over. But alas! I have finally found out my issue was. The reason why the monitor didn’t turn on was because there was loose contact between some of the wires. See if checking that helps you!
ajish2012
n00b
n00b

Postby mattzodie » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:22 pm

maybe the problem is on VGA card? Try to remove and then reattach.
mattzodie

Return to Misc Computer Problems