Problems with Internet Explorer

Misc computer stuff

Moderator: 127.0.0.1

Problems with Internet Explorer

Postby Tracy19 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:12 am

A few days ago I installed IE8. I wasn't too satisfied, because I had some problems with installing Adobe Flash Player, so I decided to go back to IE7 or IE6. But when I try to install IE7 or IE6, I get the following message: "Setup cannot continue because a more recent version of Internet Explorer has been detected on this computer".

I hope someone can help me.
Thanks
Tracy.
Tracy19
n00b
n00b

Re: Problems with Internet Explorer

Postby ITSupportQuotes » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:25 am

Hi Tracy

Have you uninstalled Internet Explorer 8? You can do this by going to Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs -> Add/Remove Windows Components. Make sure you select only IE8 from that list, and then hit the Next button.

However, I think you did that. You are not the first to encounter this problem, when trying to rollover from IE8 to older versions. It turns out that IE8 does not get completely uninstalled. In order to completely remove it, you need to run the spuninst.exe found at this location: "C:\WINDOWS\ie8\spuninst\spuninst.exe". Once complete it will ask to restart and after that you can install IE7 once again.

I hope this helps. Good luck.
n00b
n00b

Postby vijayvaranasi2005 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:31 am

hi :lol:
first u goto controll pannel > Add & Remove programms > Remove Internet Explorer (latest version)
and after wards u install what ever version u want.
vijayvaranasi2005
n00b
n00b

Postby sreeni » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:26 am

Tracy19 wrote:A few days ago I installed IE8. I wasn't too satisfied, because I had some problems with installing Adobe Flash Player, so I decided to go back to IE7 or IE6. But when I try to install IE7 or IE6, I get the following message: "Setup cannot continue because a more recent version of Internet Explorer has been detected on this computer".

I hope someone can help me.
Thanks
Tracy.
sreeni
n00b
n00b

Postby akashd33p1 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:45 am

I cant play Flash games on IE...
Can anyone help?

poker tables
bingo games
akashd33p1
n00b
n00b

Postby richewd » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:58 pm

Why not try Firefox or even Google Chrome? They are both really good alternatives to the ever clunky Internet Explorer.

Rich,
Speed Up My PC
richewd

Postby djayusevlademir » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:28 am

maybe the game you where trying to play isn't compatible with IE.. try other such as FF
djayusevlademir

Return to Misc Computer Problems