vob file

Misc computer stuff

Moderator: 127.0.0.1

vob file

Postby caldera » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:53 pm

hi guys i am having problems and i think i am at the point of throwing my pc out the window

I recently received a dvd in the mail from a friend i downloaded the dvd to my hard drive then i viewed it with power dvd or window media it states that it is a vob file so then i wanted to send the file to a friend but the file is too big this is what is driving me crazy. Can someone please tell me how am i suppose to make file smaller so it fits into email or is there an easier way of posting the file online where my friend can just go to the site and view it i tried a couple of sites like youtube.com and flurl.com but the file is too big someone please help really appreciat it before i blow this thing up here is the info on one of the files

size 0.99 GB (1,071,802,368 bytes)
type of file VOB File
caldera
n00b
n00b

Postby kostyanj » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:06 pm

Assuming the DVD isn't copyrighted, you're not going to be able to send a 1 GB file. What you can do is get a program like ifoedit and split that file into 2 parts. So you're still not going to be able to email it.

But if u still wanna try:

Open up the program and open the file. Click on VOB Extras, click on Split. And select what chapter to split it at. It's all pretty self explanatory.
kostyanj
Admin
Admin

Postby caldera » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:15 pm

yeah kost i tried to make a copy of the disk so i could send it to him air mail but it is copyright i used dvd shrink but it did not recognize the file so basically i'm screwed is what your telling me oh well hopefully someone else might have some other ideas thanks so much kost really appreciate it how about if i post it on a server is that hard to do any idea
caldera
n00b
n00b

Postby Stlb1090 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:33 am

you could use winrar and break it into many small pieces, send those then put them all back together on the other end.
Stlb1090
Desktop Support

Postby kostyanj » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:13 pm

Please don't double post. Retype all that info in this post.
kostyanj
Admin
Admin

Return to Misc Computer Problems