been a while...

Misc computer stuff

Moderator: 127.0.0.1

been a while...

Postby TOP1yuiop » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:55 pm

Hey guys its been a while.....if anyone remembers me :twisted:
but anyways, im here cuz i got a problem lol
a little while ago my comp stopped running right...nothing that i think i did myself...but nonetheless it happened, so i spent about a week trying different things to fix it....and finally today i got it to boot, i unplugged my storage drive and repaired window, but i NEED my storage drive...every time i start it up with the storage in place, it wont detect anyhting on the IDEs....and if i switch it to the otehr IDE cable, it just wont detect my CD drive either...i dont know what to do, if u guys got any suggestions...
also some times i can get it to boot with the storage drive in, but when it gets to the window loading screen it gives me like a blue screen that says something is wrong something is broken, FIX it now type of thing and resets emediately (btw the reason i know what it says is because i got a picture of it :P )
yours truely
TOP1yuiop
Network Administrator
Network Administrator

Postby 127.0.0.1 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:57 pm

Hey, it's been a while.

As for this storage drive, did it ever work? It sounds to me that this may be a jumper problem. I would try the master/slave combination; sometimes the cable select setting doesn't work.

You might also want to try installing the problematic storage drive by itself, with no other devices attached. Make sure the drive is set to master, and check to see if you’re BIOS recognizes it. If it does detect it, you know that this most likely is a jumper problem. Then reconnect your other devices, paying attention to the jumper settings on the devices.
Mod
Mod

Postby giga-byte » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:28 pm

WHATS UP TOP1YUIOP , you got AIM? msn?
giga-byte
Jr Admin

Return to Misc Computer Problems