can someone please help me erase everything

Misc computer stuff

Moderator: 127.0.0.1

can someone please help me erase everything

Postby stan » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:19 am

hello guys, can someone please tell me how to erase everythig from my hard drive....i want to start from scratch as i want to insert my recovery discs and make the computer like new again as i got a virus and tried everything to take it out but nothing works, i just want to erase everything and start new. i tried system restore.....antivirus.....u name it....please help.thanks... :(
stan
n00b
n00b

Postby 127.0.0.1 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:01 pm

As said before, boot off a win98 boot floppy and run fdisk if you plan on running windows 9x.
Mod
Mod

Re: can someone please help me erase everything

Postby brutus » Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:28 am

stan wrote:hello guys, can someone please tell me how to erase everythig from my hard drive....i want to start from scratch as i want to insert my recovery discs and make the computer like new again as i got a virus and tried everything to take it out but nothing works, i just want to erase everything and start new. i tried system restore.....antivirus.....u name it....please help.thanks... :(

It seems you have a crippled system like Dell etc.
A recovery disc isn't a Windows cd.It's a recovery disk for what your stuck with,so follow the directions to recover or buy a Windows CD.
See my PM.
brutus
Level 3 Tech

Return to Misc Computer Problems