Total votes : 16

Postby TOP1yuiop » Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:23 pm

:shock: wow :shock: nice props to ya dad :D
TOP1yuiop
Network Administrator
Network Administrator

College

Postby Eric Bland » Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:13 am

In my opinion college helps increase your own knowledge and awareness. I agree money and happiness are not the same, but there seems to be a correlation between the two. There is also a correlation between earning higher income and college. There are many people who are successful without a college degree, but there are many more who are successful with one. Bill Gates and others are the rare exceptions. I have a degree in MIS and Finance, and although college can get expensive, it is an investment in yourself. Investment in yourself is one where you control the gains of your investment. There are always exceptions to the rule, but for most young people 18-23 college should be the highest priority.

Last edited by Eric Bland on Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Eric Bland
n00b
n00b

Postby virus » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:33 am

nicely put. :D
virus
Level 3 Tech

Postby TOP1yuiop » Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:24 am

also, most people want to learn, i mean my mom never finished college because she go married and is a stay at home mom, but she has always wanted to go back to school. (too bad we dont have the money and she doesnt have the time) i mea who wants to die only knowing the basics? i know i dont....
TOP1yuiop
Network Administrator
Network Administrator

Postby giga-byte » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:31 pm

what you guys think about home school, i had honors in 7th and 8th grade went to homeschool now im in home school i could have gotten into honors in high school but i went to home school, you guys think i should go back to school.
giga-byte
Jr Admin

Postby TOP1yuiop » Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:04 pm

i like regular school because you meet alot of people...
TOP1yuiop
Network Administrator
Network Administrator

Postby 127.0.0.1 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:07 pm

plus, how seriously do you think a college will take home schooling? I'll tell you probably not as seriously as a regular high school..... What will you say? my mom gave me a 4.0 GPA....lol
Mod
Mod

Postby TOP1yuiop » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:15 pm

many times the home schooled are much better educated because of the lack of distractions.
TOP1yuiop
Network Administrator
Network Administrator

Postby 127.0.0.1 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:09 am

TOP1yuiop wrote:many times the home schooled are much better educated because of the lack of distractions.

im not saying they don't get educated as well, Im just pointing out that colleges won't take a home school education as seriously as they would a regular high school education.
Mod
Mod

Postby giga-byte » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:08 pm

i have a teacher she comes every two weeks and grades my stuff.
giga-byte
Jr Admin

Postby TOP1yuiop » Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:41 pm

then get the school to sign your diploma :lol:
TOP1yuiop
Network Administrator
Network Administrator

Home School

Postby Eric Bland » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:31 am

Home School, and attending school has no difference on the level of education you can receive. Since the majority of the information comes from books, it makes no real difference where you study or learn. The benefits of attending school are the interactions that occur. This can also be a drawback or distraction, so it all depends on the individual. Everything should be based on what you personally feel works best for you. If you can do better at home, than an institution, go for it. If you can do better in an institution, go for it. Home schooling has an easier potential for manipulation, but not when it comes to SAT's and other aptitude testing. Testing scores always carry a heavy weight, all the way up to college, in college, and beyond college into medical, law programs ect. with post graduate tests such as GMAT, LSAT, and others.

Eric Bland
n00b
n00b

Re: College

Postby taylor22 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:09 pm

College is pretty much one of the most important things to experience in life. I mean, you could go through life without it and still be very successful with just your experience. But also know, there's SO many others out there in the same boat as you, and one could excel because they have a college degree while you both carry similar past experience.

As someone said about homeschooling, it could swing both ways of its advantages/disadvantages. Here's a pretty basic article about its pros and cons: http://school.familyeducation.com/home- ... 29861.html Mainly about before college times, but still really informative.

So pretty much homeschooling in college leads you to http://www.onlinecomputersciencedegree.com/ (for example, if you wanted a CS degree or whatever it is you would like to get), because it's the same as just learning on your own at home with classroom interactions. Some better options would be http://www.phoenix.edu/ or http://www.devry.edu/ that would give you a better feel that you're actually attending a "campus." I mean, homeschooling vs classroom is completely different and depends on which field you're probably going to. If it's super technical where you wouldn't need "people skills," then learning from you computer would be no big deal.

Good luck!
taylor22
n00b
n00b

Previous

Return to Jobs