19%
Not required
13%
No need whatsoever
6%

Total votes : 16

Postby TOP1yuiop » Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:14 am

ajs wrote:
virus wrote:College is really important in life. If you want to be succsessful them college is a must----------unless you like saying "do you want fries with that?"

This isn't true. Bill Gates dropped out of college, look where he is now. Many small business owners never even finished high school. They're still making money. Also, you don't have to make alot of money to be called "successful". Hell, if I had a job working at Starbucks or something, as long as I could support myself and be happy, I'd call myself successful. Money is way overrated.... :roll:

I'm not saying bill gates is an einstien but he was smart and he knew how to market and compete, He was more of an economical and marketing genius than a scientific genius. Bill Gates just knew what to do to bring his enterprize to life.

from what i know he was only in on the beginning of the buisness but soon he took over the company and hired people to do the work for him.
TOP1yuiop
Network Administrator
Network Administrator

Postby cyberwizguy » Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:08 am

but college life is very boring
cyberwizguy
n00b
n00b

Postby TOP1yuiop » Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:27 pm

it gets u a job....
TOP1yuiop
Network Administrator
Network Administrator

Postby ajs » Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:49 pm

Ok, I don't think you guys got my point. You don't have to make a ton of money to call yourself successful. I know people that work low end jobs making 8-12 dollars an hour, yet they live their lives day in and day out happily. Sure, they may not be able to afford nice cars, huge houses, and other luxuries, but they're happy. And if you can make 8 dollars an hour and be happy, I think there's success in that.
ajs
Mod
Mod

Postby virus » Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:31 pm

Ok then mabey one in a million isn't big enough. 7000 people? thats A lot.
virus
Level 3 Tech

Postby TOP1yuiop » Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:26 pm

im aiming at at LEAST 40 dollars an hour.....
TOP1yuiop
Network Administrator
Network Administrator

Postby virus » Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:34 am

ajs wrote:Ok, I don't think you guys got my point. You don't have to make a ton of money to call yourself successful. I know people that work low end jobs making 8-12 dollars an hour, yet they live their lives day in and day out happily. Sure, they may not be able to afford nice cars, huge houses, and other luxuries, but they're happy. And if you can make 8 dollars an hour and be happy, I think there's success in that.

Theres people that do that and thats great. But then you have your other end of the scale type people who make the 8-12 dollers an hour and then blow it all on cloths, movies and stuff like that. And then they complain thay have no money.
virus
Level 3 Tech

Postby Rommel » Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:56 pm

TOP1yuiop wrote:im aiming at at LEAST 40 dollars an hour.....
good luck. you'll need a college degree if you're seriously looking for that much money. unless, of course, you sue someone or start your own company.
Rommel
End-Loser
End-Loser

Postby virus » Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:57 pm

Rommel wrote:
TOP1yuiop wrote:im aiming at at LEAST 40 dollars an hour.....
good luck. you'll need a college degree if you're seriously looking for that much money. unless, of course, you sue someone or start your own company.

Sue someone hmmm :lol:...............
virus
Level 3 Tech

Postby Daedalus » Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:55 am

Wit beyond measure is mans greatest treasure.......
Daedalus
Power User
Power User

Postby virus » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:45 pm

Daedalus wrote:Wit beyond measure is mans greatest treasure.......

That is so true. there are probably tons more saying that kind of message, but i really like this one.
virus
Level 3 Tech

Postby kostyanj » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:19 pm

Benjamin Franklin wrote:Genius without education is like silver in a mine.
kostyanj
Admin
Admin

Postby Daedalus » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:16 am

kostyanj wrote:
Benjamin Franklin wrote:Genius without education is like silver in a mine.

yup, that would be a poor person. Unless you happened to have an :idea:
Daedalus
Power User
Power User

Postby TOP1yuiop » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:28 am

nice one and

ajs wrote:
Ok, I don't think you guys got my point. You don't have to make a ton of money to call yourself successful. I know people that work low end jobs making 8-12 dollars an hour, yet they live their lives day in and day out happily. Sure, they may not be able to afford nice cars, huge houses, and other luxuries, but they're happy. And if you can make 8 dollars an hour and be happy, I think there's success in that.

Theres people that do that and thats great. But then you have your other end of the scale type people who make the 8-12 dollers an hour and then blow it all on cloths, movies and stuff like that. And then they complain thay have no money.

I TOTALY AGREE! o ya and my aunt and uncle definitly do not do this and then ask for money from my grandparents....
TOP1yuiop
Network Administrator
Network Administrator

Postby virus » Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:18 am

My dad went to college for seven years got good grades and graduated with a degree in Liberal Arts and a couple more things. He makes about $60 an hour teaching blind people to travel around sacramento. He gets to choose his hours and he is his own boss. lesson: Go tu College so u can reed and rite gud and choose what you want to do in your life.
virus
Level 3 Tech

PreviousNext

Return to Jobs