19%
Not required
13%
No need whatsoever
6%

Total votes : 16

College

Postby TOP1yuiop » Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:56 pm

ok i brought this up in another thread but i think it would be good to get this understood,

If you wanna make any real money in this life, then u gotta go to college. Im sure that there are jobs you can get at a lower degree (12 grade) but if u are thinking about a job in computers or engineering then there is no choice you have to go to college. I'm only in 9th grade but i am taking a full load of classes (8 different subjects - going for AP and Honors classes in 10, 11, and 12) and i'm looking to get a masters and hopefully a PHD in either, Electrical/computers engineering or Mechanical enginerring. So i know its up to you but unless you are going into the military i highly reccomend going to college, even if you can't afford it, get a loan and study hard and it will pay off.
TOP1yuiop
Network Administrator
Network Administrator

Postby kindred » Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:00 am

Ok you cant get a phd in computer enginerring but you can get a masters. I would take that and some computer science classes. have a BS in computer sciece. And out of the door I was making dang good money!!

Edit Srry You can get phd I ws thnking of somhing else.

But I wouldnt go for a phd I only go a BS and going for my masters in about 1 years and i make enough oney to be finally scure now. Still cant spell lol..
Last edited by kindred on Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
kindred
HiJack This Team Leader

Postby TOP1yuiop » Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:05 am

umm im pretty shure you can....i don't know for shure but i think you can get a PHD in any Science....
TOP1yuiop
Network Administrator
Network Administrator

Postby ajs » Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:58 am

Before thinking about AP courses, student loans, and college, it'd be smart to learn proper spelling and grammer. :roll:
ajs
Mod
Mod

Postby kindred » Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:08 am

Oh I can spell. Just on my laptop right now and a little tougher than my desktop :D ...
kindred
HiJack This Team Leader

Postby TOP1yuiop » Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:14 am

lol ya i can spell but id rather type things badly when i want to rip out threads, replies and IMs
TOP1yuiop
Network Administrator
Network Administrator

Postby Daedalus » Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:03 pm

Well, Its really important to me. In Fact, thats why I havent been on here in such a while. I've worked my schedule a little bit and now have a little more time off. So hopefully, You'll see (read) a little bit more of me
Daedalus
Power User
Power User

Postby CyberAcharya » Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:49 pm

Daedalus wrote:Well, Its really important to me. In Fact, thats why I havent been on here in such a while. I've worked my schedule a little bit and now have a little more time off. So hopefully, You'll see (read) a little bit more of me

...yea exams are round the corner and I don't get enough time to attend the forum.
CyberAcharya
Level 3 Tech

Postby Daedalus » Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:32 am

...yea exams are round the corner and I don't get enough time to attend the forum.
:cry: Don't remind me
Daedalus
Power User
Power User

Postby TOP1yuiop » Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:53 pm

lol sucktabeu :wink:
TOP1yuiop
Network Administrator
Network Administrator

Postby virus » Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:09 am

College is really important in life. If you want to be succsessful them college is a must----------unless you like saying "do you want fries with that?"
virus
Level 3 Tech

Postby ajs » Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:29 pm

virus wrote:College is really important in life. If you want to be succsessful them college is a must----------unless you like saying "do you want fries with that?"

This isn't true. Bill Gates dropped out of college, look where he is now. Many small business owners never even finished high school. They're still making money. Also, you don't have to make alot of money to be called "successful". Hell, if I had a job working at Starbucks or something, as long as I could support myself and be happy, I'd call myself successful. Money is way overrated.... :roll:
ajs
Mod
Mod

Postby kostyanj » Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:03 pm

ajs wrote:
virus wrote:College is really important in life. If you want to be succsessful them college is a must----------unless you like saying "do you want fries with that?"

This isn't true. Bill Gates dropped out of college, look where he is now. Many small business owners never even finished high school. They're still making money.

Those cases are one in a million
kostyanj
Admin
Admin

Postby virus » Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:34 pm

I agree with kostyanj. Look at how many people you have working at your local Mickey D'S and how many people there are like Bill Gates (drop-outs) that are succsesful in life.
virus
Level 3 Tech

Postby Rommel » Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:41 am

kostyanj wrote:
ajs wrote:

This isn't true. Bill Gates dropped out of college, look where he is now. Many small business owners never even finished high school. They're still making money.

Those cases are one in a million

yeah, but there are a little over 7 billion people in the world. 7,000,000,000/1,000,000= 7,000. Hey. 7,000 is better than none, eh?
Rommel
End-Loser
End-Loser

Next

Return to Jobs