Security a bright spot for IT spending

Moderator: 127.0.0.1

Security a bright spot for IT spending

Postby kostyanj » Tue Apr 15, 2003 1:43 am

http://news.com.com/2100-1014-996798.html

SAN FRANCISCO--Technology spending remains depressed, but increased government spending and concern about privacy could make security companies a rare bright spot.
Companies that specialize in software, hardware and services for the security industry could see stronger growth this year than counterparts in other technology fields, said speakers at this week's RSA Conference 2003 here.

"This space will get more attention in terms of (information technology) dollars," said Eugene Munster, a research analyst at U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray, who predicted that security companies could see their revenue grow 5 percent to 20 percent between 2003 and 2004, depending on the company and the products it makes.

kostyanj
Admin
Admin

Postby insecurepc » Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:46 am

I won't hold my breath at my part time gig at the elementary school :cry:

I only have one more year in school before college or technical school. Then maybe I can get closer to the holy grail of the main frame :twisted: :twisted:
insecurepc
End-Loser
End-Loser

Postby kostyanj » Tue Apr 15, 2003 11:36 am

insecurepc wrote:I won't hold my breath at my part time gig at the elementary school :cry:

I only have one more year in school before college or technical school. Then maybe I can get closer to the holy grail of the main frame :twisted: :twisted:

Main frame? I would kill myself if I ever had to work on a dumb terminal. I'm happy where I am right now. I have a job and still take projects on the side.
kostyanj
Admin
Admin

Postby insecurepc » Tue Apr 15, 2003 7:05 pm

But the power of each cmd :shock: :shock: :shock:

It almost too much to comprehend. :?
insecurepc
End-Loser
End-Loser

Postby kostyanj » Tue Apr 15, 2003 10:39 pm

I never liked the idea of working w/ a computer w/ no processor. I like my computers to have some sort of power. :lol: but that's just me.
kostyanj
Admin
Admin

Return to Jobs