job details HELP!!!!

Moderator: 127.0.0.1

job details HELP!!!!

Postby middle » Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:24 pm

hi im a student in the UK and i wanted to find out about getting a job in the IT industry the area i want to go into is PC support. i wanted to find out some more about the job. the things that i wanted to find out are

i wanted to find out about the history of PC support and the history of jobs in pc support

what different types of jobs there are in PC support?

what types of qualifications do you need to work in pc support?

what skills do you require (personal skills and knowledge)

scope of the job (what would the average day would be like in a Pc support role)

are there any legal or ethical issues with the job

what job prospects are there in PC support?

what the average salary is

employment level (is a job in PC support quite permanent or is it never permanent)

are there any geographical implications working in PC support

if anyone could help me i would be grateful if anyone knows any good websites that i could look at i would be grateful
middle
n00b
n00b

Postby DnH500 » Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:50 pm

mrbell84 im doing a level 3 course BTEC IT would that get me a job or
(which i am doing) should i go to uni . :)
DnH500
Jr Admin

Postby DnH500 » Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:58 pm

how much pay would i get if i went to uni, something like programmer
DnH500
Jr Admin

Postby TOP1yuiop » Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:10 am

isnt it true that when you do it jobs, that you usually have more than one client cuz i mean no offence to anyone who makes this but isnt 11k a year a very small salary? :shock:
TOP1yuiop
Network Administrator
Network Administrator

Postby middle » Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:12 pm

thanks for replying ive gone over the points again this time ive gone into detail about each of the points listed below

what different types of jobs there are in PC support? (a list of all the pc support jobs in general)

what types of qualifications do you need to work in pc support? (list of qualifications e.g. CompTIA, HDI, Cisco for each job)

what skills do you require (personal skills and knowledge e.g. is it a broad knowledge or specifics for da jobs)

scope of the job (what would the average day would be like in a Pc support role + how demanding is the jobs can one person it or does it need a large team)

what job prospects are there in PC support? (can you be promoted quickly and what are the different levels)

employment level (is a job in PC support quite permanent or is it never permanent)

are there any geographical implications working in PC support (would you need to relocate to a different area of the country to find work in this field)

if anyone could help me i would be grateful if anyone knows any good websites that i could look at i would be grateful

thanks for the help so far!!
middle
n00b
n00b

Return to Jobs